Easa Bilateral Agreements

In addition to airworthiness certification, basas, MoUs and WAs offer bilateral cooperation in other areas of aviation, including maintenance, air operations and environmental certification. In accordance with the bilateral agreement INTER the EU and the United States (BASA) (see here), you can only import an engine with « rebuild » status in Block 11 if it has been released by the original engine manufacturer on Form 8130-3 with blocks 13a. to 13th (left). In accordance with the bilateral agreement BETWEEN the EU and the United States (BASA) (see below), a DUAL authorization is required for the acceptance of used engines/components of a US-based repair station. Bilateral agreements and agreements allow the sharing of the airworthiness certificate for civil aviation products between two countries. The consolidated version of the U.S.-EU Cooperation Agreement on Civil Aviation Safety Regulatory Cooperation (BASA) was developed by EASA to provide stakeholders with an up-to-date and easily readable publication. It was established by the combination of the corresponding text of the BASA, officially published, and all the amendments made to the BASA annexes adopted so far by the bilateral supervisory board. Please note, however, that this document is not an official publication. This document cannot have the same validity as an official text published in the Official Journal of the European Union, as it cannot be guaranteed that any recent changes to the legislation will be immediately included in the consolidated publication. Please understand, therefore, that the Agency cannot assume any liability arising from the risk associated with the use of this document. Readers are invited and encouraged to report errors or comments perceived at easa.europa.eu International in the context of this publication. EAS is working to facilitate the free movement of European products and services around the world. It helps non-European authorities certify European products and services.

On the other hand, it issues European certificates for non-European products. Legal instruments for this purpose are bilateral agreements and labour agreements. AMC M.A.501 (a)5(a)/AMC 145.A.42 (a)1a) refers to a publication document issued by an organisation as part of an existing bilateral agreement signed by the European Community.